Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Telling Time

Well folks, being sick and in bed has some advantages!  I finished my Telling Time Printables Pack this weekend!  It's a total of 55 pages right now, but I'd like to add additional prompts for use in our math journals. 


I think getting kids to write about math is so, so important!  It forces them to articulate their thinking, and trains them to put abstract concepts into concrete explanations. I know it's a tall order for firsties, but with modeling and support I think they can do it!



I found these adorable little clocks at my Dollar Tree, and since they were so cheap (4 for a dollar!) I bought enough for the entire class to have one while we're learning to tell time.  



And to top if off, today we made our own clocks!  A post on our clocks project will be coming soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment