Monday, January 4, 2021

Teaching Students to Share Their Screens on Zoom

Teaching your students to share their screen while on Zoom will open up so many possibilities for you and your class. Screen sharing can help you to troubleshoot for students, (e.g.,"Just share your screen with me!") in addition to opening up doors for activities students can do with one another in breakout rooms. 

It may take some time teaching your students how to do this, especially if your students are all on different types of devices (this is the boat I'm in). However, depending on the activity you're doing, you may only need one student in the group to know how to share their screen in the beginning.  I actually utilized my students as fellow teachers when teaching them to screen share! I'd ask, "Who else has a Chromebook? Help me walk the class through the process for sharing on a Chromebook."  Some of my students were better than I was at teaching each other how to share their screens on devices that I didn't have!

Here are some links on how to share your screen on several different devices.


0 comments:

Post a Comment