Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Very Silly Sentences

My kiddos are in LOVE with this new Very Silly Sentences game I just introduced to our literacy centers.  They roll the die that came with the game, which has parts of speech and numbers on the different sides.  The point of the game is to fill their game board with enough words to make a complete sentence.  The kids are literally giddy with anticipation before choosing cards, waiting to see what word they'll get to plug into their silly sentence.  




Starting next week (now that they're familiar with the game) I'm going to have the students take the sentences they build on the game board, and write them down in their writing journal.  Figuring out how to keep students accountable during literacy centers is something I've been thinking about for awhile (especially since most of my centers are independent), and I think this will be a good combination of hands-on activity/written work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment